Saturday, February 12, 2011

There is no better inspiration for getting healthy than your child!

After I had my daughter in October of 2010 I was pleased with the amount of weight I instantly lost.  I did not anticipate how difficult the coming weeks would be.  I continued eating like I did when I was pregnant, and led an extremely sedentary lifestyle (mostly because I was too tired to move).  Before too long I weighed 15lbs more than the heaviest I'd ever been IN MY LIFE (with the exception of my pregnancy).  

     For Christmas 2010 my husband bought my a XBOX360 Kinect and Biggest loser ultimate workout.  A couple weeks into the new year I decided to start my new way of living.  I am 4 weeks into 12 weeks super weight loss program on The Biggest Loser:  Ultimate workout, combined with calorie counting (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/) I have already lost 18lbs. 

     This blog is my way of sharing my journey (and keeping myself accountable).  I am cooking meals 5 to 7 nights a week using recipes almost exclusively from the Cooking light magazine.  All of the recipes I have made so  far have been amazing, and best of all the publication lists all of the nutritional facts for each dish. 
I have recently subscribed to Cooking light, but if you are not one for magazines you can search their recipes on http://www.myrecipes.com/, because the sight is a compilation of several different publications you will need to choose Cooking light from the column on the left.  Happy healthy eating to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment